Friday, November 1, 2013

Wood for the Frame

Hello all!

Looks like I have to apologize for yet another long hiatus!  Yowza...

Anyway, I'm happy to report that during the downtime, plans for the frame are close to finalized, and I have purchased most of the wood necessary to build the frame.































What is shown here is about 51 board feet of ash and a little over 9 board feet of cherry wood.  These are both beautiful species of hardwoods that will make a very fine looking marimba frame!  In the coming days, I'll be doing a lot of drawings and calculations to make sure this lumber is measured and cut correctly into the pieces I need to make the frame.

I'll do my best to keep you all updated on the progress I make in the following weeks as this project begins to come together.  My goal is to have it finished by the time I start physical therapy school in January, but at the same time I will be trying not to rush.  More posts and more pictures soon to come as I keep working!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment